Proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ to greater Sao Paulo, Brazil
God has a Plan and a Purpose for your Life
1. God’s Plan is Peace and Life. God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life. Jesus said, “I am come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10 “We have peace with God through His Son our Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 5:1.
2. God’s Purpose: God created you to love you in a close personal relationship with Himself, and for you to please and glorify Him. God wants you to live forever in heaven with Him. That’s good news, isn’t it? But there is a problem.
3. Our Problem is Sin. Sin is disobedience to God. God hates sin. Sin disrupts God’s purposes and plan for our life. The Bible says that “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23. Our sin separates us from God. We cannot have a close personal relationship with God unless God forgives our sin. We will not be allowed in heaven unless God forgives our sin. God says that our sin must be punished.
We cannot do anything in our own power to get rid of our sin, but God has provided a way to punish our sin and forgive us.
4. God’s Answer is Jesus Christ. The only answer to our sin problem is Jesus Christ. Jesus is God; He is God the Son of God the Father. Jesus left His Father in heaven and came to earth to be born as a baby. Jesus lived a perfect sinless life. When Jesus was 33 years old He allowed Himself to be nailed to a cross where He took our sin upon Himself. God poured out His wrath against sin upon Jesus. Jesus who was without sin took the punishment for our sin and died on the cross. God can forgive us because Jesus has taken the punishment for our sin. The Bible says, “But God demonstrates His own love for us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8. But Jesus Christ did not stay dead; God raised Jesus from the grave and Jesus is alive today in heaven with God the Father. Because Jesus has taken the punishment for our sin, God can offer to forgive us, but we must accept God’s offer.
5. Man’s Response is: Receive Christ. Jesus said, “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son (Jesus), that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16. Jesus also said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me.” John 14:6. Jesus made this promise to us: “Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come into him. Revelation 3:20. We can receive God’s offer to forgive us and receive eternal life by trusting in Jesus. We must turn from our sin to Jesus Christ. We must open the door of our heart and life and invite Jesus Christ to come into our life to be the Lord of our life to control our life. We must trust in Jesus and Jesus alone for forgiveness of our sin and for eternal life. The choice is yours: you can trust Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord to forgive your sins and to grant you eternal life in heaven with Him, or you can reject God’s offer of forgiveness and eternal life in heaven and spend eternity in hell separated from God. If you would like to trust Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, here is what you must do:
1. Admit that you are a sinner and need God’s forgiveness.
2. Be willing to repent, that is to turn from your sins.
3. Believe that Jesus died for you on the cross and that God raised Him from the grave.
4. Pray to invite Jesus Christ to come into your life to be the Lord of your life to control your life. I can lead you in that prayer. Would you like to trust Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?
What to pray: Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. I believe that Jesus died for my sins and that you raised Him from the grave. I want to turn from my sins to Jesus. I now invite you to come into my heart and life as Lord to control my life. I ask you to forgive my sins and grant me eternal life. I trust you as Savior and want to follow you as Lord. I pray in Christ’s name. Amen.
God’s Word Gives Assurance Did you sincerely pray that prayer? The Bible says, “Everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13. The apostle John was an eyewitness to the life, works and resurrection of Jesus. John writes in the Bible:
“But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name.” John 20:31. This is just the beginning of a wonderful new life with Christ. Here are some things to help you grow in your relationship with Christ.
1. Read your Bible every day.
2. Talk to God in prayer every day.
3. Tell others about Christ.
4. Worship, fellowship and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached.
For more information contact your local church where Christ is preached, and/or (name and address).